Wireless headphones are one of the most convenient inventions of the 21st century, which solved the problem of wires constantly tangled in a pocket or backpack. Nowadays, those who want to be constantly connected, listen to music, and audiobooks on the road or while playing sports, wireless headphones are the right choice for people. It does not matter what kind of devices you bought, it is easy to connect wireless headphones to your laptop or phone.
The wireless headset is designed for the convenience of users, it frees hands from the mobile phone when they need to use it. Therefore, many wireless headphones like Jabra headsets are functional, lightweight, and affordable. Connecting a Bluetooth headset allows you to combine two devices into one, greatly expanding the capabilities of each of them. The user can pick up the phone by pressing the Bluetooth button of the device without taking out the phone.
Jabra performs the following features:
- Answers incoming calls;
- Disconnects from the conversation when it ends;
- Rejects unnecessary calls;
- Dial a number using a voice command;
- Places the call on hold;
- Mutes the sound;
- Repeats the call to the last number.
Jabra talk can be paired with two gadgets at the same time. The owner of the device will appreciate the sound quality achieved by the HD Voice system.
Table of Content
- Turn on Pairing Mode of Your Jabra Headphones
- Find your Jabra Device On Your Phone or Laptop
- Confirm Pairing
- Troubleshooting your Bluetooth Connection
How Wireless Headphones Work?
Wireless headphones can connect with a device like a smartphone, stereo, speaker, television, gaming console, computer, or other electronic devices. It does not need a wire to connect. Wireless headphones work by transmitting audio signals through either radio or IR signals, which depends on the device. From call centers to fitness centers, wireless headphones are used by millions of people every day for work and play. People doing a workout at the gym or in front of their TV in the living room, everyone loves the freedom of wireless headphones.
Wireless headphones work by connecting or pairing with the device that you want to use. There are a number of devices that use Bluetooth technology to make connections easier for the user. Devices with Bluetooth technology can connect and exchange data in very short distances using radio transmissions. A device with Bluetooth technology has a tiny computer chip inside that only contains the Bluetooth radio, and software that makes connectivity between devices possible. So, when Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones and headphones are used in offices, they will connect and pair. It further enables you to communicate with your customers or listen to music without wires.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Connect Jabra Headsets to Bluetooth
Turn on Pairing Mode of Your Jabra Headphones
There are a number of pairing methods, depending on the model of the Jabra device. However, most come into one of three categories. So, let’s have a look at the following.
- Headphones and Earbuds with a Multi-function Button on the Side (models include the Elite Active 75t, Elite 75t, Elite 65t, Elite Active 65t, Elite Sport, Evolve 65t, Elite Active 45e, and Sport Pace)
Start with your headphones. Press and hold the multi-function button for almost 3 to 4 seconds until the Bluetooth LED flashes do not appear. The appearance of LED lights depends on the model. After showing this LED light, your headphones announce that they are in pairing mode. In case, if you have earbuds, take them out of the charging case and use the button on the right earbud for pairing.
- Mono Headsets Without a Charging Case (Models Include Talk 5, Talk 15, Talk 25, Talk 30, Talk 35 and Talk 45)
Commence with your Jabra Talk headset turned on by pushing the On/Off switch to the On position. Until the Bluetooth LED flashes and the Jabra Talk announces it is in pairing mode, push and hold the Answer/End button for 3 seconds.
- Mono Headsets With a Charging Case (Models Include Talk 55)
Dock your Jabra Talk 55 in the charging case and ensure that the case is charged. Until the LED flashes blue light, press and hold the Battery status button on the bottom of the charging case for 3 seconds.
Find your Jabra Device On Your Phone or Laptop
In this step, you need to first determine whether you are using an android, iPhone, macOS, or Windows 10 operated device. Only then you can pair them accordingly. So let’s have a look at how you can connect them.
- Android: If you have an android phone, then go to settings and turn your Bluetooth on. In Bluetooth click, pair a new device. When you see your Jabra headphones or headset come up in a list, just tap on it and enable it to pair it with your android phone.
- iPhone: On the other hand, if you have an iPhone, then go to Settings and then turn on the Bluetooth. Like the previous one, you just need to look for your Jabra device under “OTHER DEVICES” and tap on it to connect.
- macOS: In case, if you want to connect the Mac laptop with your Jabra headsets, then choose Apple menu> System Preferences, you may find a Bluetooth button. Just click on that Bluetooth button. Select your Jabra device from the list, then click to connect these devices. If asked, click on the accept button.
- Windows 10: If you have a window 10, then go to the system setting and open “Bluetooth & other devices” either by clicking on your Bluetooth button in the toolbar and selecting “Show Bluetooth devices”. If the Bluetooth button is hidden, you will find it under the upward arrow on the taskbar at the bottom of your display. When the add a device button shows up on the screen, click on “Bluetooth”. While connecting, you have to look for your Jabra device in the list and tap on it to connect. Alternatively, you can also search for “Bluetooth” in your Windows search box. When the Bluetooth & other devices window comes up, make sure Bluetooth is on then click “Add Bluetooth or other devices” and select your device from the list.
When everything is done, your device like a phone or laptop will successfully pair your Jabra device. If your device gets connected, the LED will stop blinking. This is a sign that confirms that your device is successfully connected with the headset.
Troubleshooting your Bluetooth Connection
After following the above-mentioned tips, if your device still is not paired, then try clearing your existing paired devices on your phone or laptop. After doing this, you can now re-pair your headphones or headset.
The process of connecting wireless headsets to a smartphone or laptop is prescribed in the instructions for use that comes with the kit. Both devices must be charged before use. When using the headset for the first time, you do not need to charge it. There is no need to set up your Jabra headset before using it, it will connect and function automatically. The device models have a design and a different set of buttons. The device instructions contain the purpose of each. In order to use the headset without interruption, you need to know every aspect.