Studies show that the skin and juice of cherries contain very high amounts of anthocyanins, a group of pigment-like substances found in the fruit’s antioxidants. The antioxidant activity of anthocyanins is linked to the beneficial health benefits of cherries.
Benefits of Cherries:
- Most types of cherries are packed with nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and other plant compounds that have beneficial health benefits. One serving (154 g) of unripe, sweet, juicy, ripe cherries contains (25 g) Calories: 99.
- Cherries are an excellent source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B5, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, phosphorus, folic acid, potassium, calcium, sodium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, riboflavin, chlorophyll, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium, selenium, sodium, phosphoric acid, tannin, and several other plant chemicals.
- Many studies have also indicated that eating fresh, unripe cherries can help protect your heart and arteries.
- Studies show that eating six to eight cups (176 to 200 oz.) of clean, unripe berries may lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and other heart problems. There have also been preliminary studies that suggest that consuming one or two cups (about 25 g.) of unsweetened, non-coconut, blueberry-flavored berries per day may lower the risk of stroke.
- Some research has shown that eating several servings of fruits like cherries and vegetables each day can help to make your heart healthy. Research indicates that eating several servings of fruits and vegetables every day can reduce the risk of heart disease and other health problems, as well.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables can help prevent chronic fatigue, headaches, and pain in the joints. Fruit and vegetable intake may also help you feel fuller for longer. Some researcher considers cherries safe for dogs.
- Eating healthy, fresh, ripe cherries is a healthy way to improve your heart health. Research has shown that consuming this tasty treat can help to improve your circulation and overall health.
- Studies have also shown that eating several servings of cherries each day may help prevent heart disease and other ailments by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- While some people believe that eating the red variety of this fruit is better for their health, research shows that consuming only one to two cherries per day is beneficial to your health.
- When it comes to keeping your blood pressure from going too high or too low, studies have found that cherries may play an important role in helping to control it. Researchers report that eating half an ounce (about two tablespoons) of unsweetened, non-coconut, blueberry-flavored berries could help control high blood pressure in as little as ten minutes. Some of the benefits of cherries include lowering your LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, inhibiting plaque formation, and reducing high blood pressure. Some of these berries have even been found to lower blood sugar levels as well.
Impacts of cherries on health:
If you’re already following a healthy eating plan and still don’t feel your heart healthy, then it may be a good idea to start adding cherries to your daily meals. It may not seem like a healthy choice, but cherries have been used to treat heart conditions for thousands of years.
Healthy eating and exercising go hand in hand to keep your body healthy. One serving of cherries contains just 1.5 grams of fiber. Cherries can help you prevent heart disease and other health problems by promoting heart health. Research has shown that eating and drinking fresh, sweet, delicious cherries every day can lower the risk of stroke and other vascular diseases.
Other studies have shown that eating two small servings of cherries each day may lower the risk of coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular diseases. Studies also suggest that eating cherries may help reduce the risk of diabetes and weight gain. Eating cherries contains lots of antioxidants and nutrients that may be useful in helping to control blood pressure. Cherries are rich in phytosterols and other plant chemicals that fight off blood vessel blockages and cholesterol buildup.
Besides providing many of the health benefits of cherries, they are also good for your skin. Some people believe that eating a cup of fresh, unripe blueberries may help reduce lines and wrinkles on your face. Blueberries contain antioxidants that may help to clear up and remove dirt and bacteria on your skin.
For those who have heart disease, having a few cherries each day may help your heart health. Studies show that eating a fresh, unsweetened, blueberry-flavored berry may decrease the likelihood of developing cardiovascular problems.