There are many important points to keep in mind related to UI designs. So, let’s start from the very beginning. User interface (UI) design is the process designers use to build interfaces in software or computerized devices, focusing on looks or style
What is UI design?
UI design is a term that stands for USER INTERFACE DESIGN. This is a process and way that designers use to create graphical interfaces. In these faces, you may have different designs, voices, and micro-interactions.
It is the layout of an application and you can use it for the interaction with users.
After that, there is a similar thing related to UI design named UX. It stands for USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN.
Further, you can use it to create your portfolio for different interfaces. To go for this term, we have enlisted some basic trends of UI designs.
What are the best ways to learn UI designs?
There are multiple ways of learning UI designs, but we will discuss a few that will help you to grab the information easily. So, if you have been looking forward to searching for helpful ways, your weight is over. Here is a list of UIs designing sources that you can see.
- Tutorial Sites –
This is one of the best and easy ways for learners to learn UI designs with the help of tutorials. These tutorials contain each and everything that is enough for a designer to know. Therefore, different companies and brand put their tutorials on the internet. After that, newbies and other users watch them and understand the basics of the UI designs. Many reviewers review that all beginners should watch tutorials to get help from them.
Secondly, YouTube is a dominant platform that is beneficial for people. Users put their required data in the search bar and receive their answers in the form of videos. If you watch anything like video, you can remember it for long term use. Therefore, you just need to open your YouTube app on your android or PC and search UI designs. As a result, you will see multiple videos.
A book can be your best friend in bad times and good times as well. It is a great source of information. If you are a bookish person and do not want to rely on videos, go for a book on UI designs. Many publishers have written and published their books on the topics of designs. Many users tend to purchase books and read them for information. So, it can be a reliable source for you to grab a book and start reading it. In this way, you can learn UI designs easily.
- Blog Posts
Blog posts are a remarkable and well-known way of acquiring design. Learning has become easy with the help of the internet. The blog post is also a pillar of learning nowadays. There is a huge pace in learning while using blog posts. I personally believe that blog posts can change your life. Coming to the point, this is a great way to learn from others. So, you must keep on reading blogs of different people.
Many institutes provide this type of learning and classes. Institutes can be beneficial for you when you give them the proper time. You just need to enroll your name and take the classes. Further, these schools may be in the form of universities, colleges, and technical schools as well.
Why we should join UI designing?
There can be thousands of reasons why a person should select UI designs filed. This is an interesting filed for the young generation. To be honest, nowadays students put their best and some do not but the system has the same scale for everyone. Therefore, this is suitable to pull the trigger and hit the target. Once you enter this, it can be fun and entertaining for you.
What are the best steps to make Great UIs designs?
- Make buttons and other elements to enter into practicality. Then, predictably (including responses such as pinch-to-zoom) so users can unconsciously use them everywhere. The form should follow function.
- Further, stable high discoverability. Clearly label icons and include well-indicated affordances: e.g., shadows for buttons.
- Keep interfaces attractive (with only elements that help serve users’ purposes) and create an “invisible” feel.
- Respect the user’s eye and attention regarding layout. Focus on hierarchy and readability:
- Use proper alignment.
- Typically choose edge (over center) alignment.
- Draw attention to key features using: Color, brightness, and contrast.
- Avoid including colors or buttons excessively.
- Text via font sizes, bold type/weighting, italics, capitals, and distance between letters. Users should pick up meanings just by scanning.
- Talk to users by indicating preferred actions to ease complex tasks by using progressive disclosure. Furthermore, minimize the number of actions for performing tasks but focus on one chief function per page.
- Put controls near objects that users want to control. For example, a button to submit a form should be near the form.
- Always have users informed system responses/actions with proper feedback.
- Do not use inappropriate UI design patterns to help guide users and reduce burdens (e.g., pre-fill forms). Beware of using dark patterns, which include hard-to-see prefilled opt-in/opt-out checkboxes and sneaking items into users’ carts.
- Have a brand consistency and do not lose your focus.
- Always provide the next steps which users can deduce naturally, whatever their context.
To sum up the whole discussion, you would have to know the part and parcel of UI designs. If you skip something very important for you, you cannot master UI designs. So, you would have to keep each and everything in your mind before using UI designs.