We have witnessed a rich profusion of benefits of telecommunication and mobile technology over the past two decades, but with every good, there is attached a bad. Similarly, the criminally minded people use mobiles for negative purposes. Chances are if you’ve ever received calls from unknown numbers, you wouldn’t have been able to trace them because firstly, phone numbers are not saved in public databases and these people usually use numbers of other people and never their own. If you’re being bullied, harassed or disturbed by a stranger on phone, the best way is to let the authorities know, but if you want to know the person responsible for this on your own, these are some of the things you can do.
We have listed down 2 methods you can use to trace numbers:
Method 1: Finding the Unknown Number
- Go Through Your Caller ID: You can have your phone provider to enable the caller ID if you’re getting unknown calls on a landline. Mobile phones, on the other hand, are able to identify most of the calls. In case your mobile can’t, you can either check your phone manual or consult the manufacturer if you’re unable to see the call logs on your phone.
- Check For Call Return Service: You can always ask your provider to give you the call return code if you want to return the call to an unknown number. Or you could search for the call return code with your country code, as well. If you’re purchasing the call return or last call return service, you’ll have to pay the initial charges only.
- Authorize The Call Trace Function: You can ask your phone provider to enable call trap or call trace services if you’re receiving a lot of bullying and harassment calls. For call trapping, your provider will tell you for how long you need to keep recording the dates and times for the unknown number calling, and once you submit the details, the company will report it to law enforcement and have the person identified. When it comes to call tracing, you have to put in the trace code right after the harassment call and this will automatically send the number to authorities.
Method 2: Searching the Unknown Number
- Go For The Reverse Database: You’ll find many websites on the internet that provide free information for phone numbers. For instance, if you want to trace a landline or any number that isn’t private, you can have all the details like caller’s business name, their own name, address and etc. on these reverse lookup websites. For mobile phones or private numbers, however, you can still find the locations and service providers for those numbers.
- Make Use Of Search Engines: If you fail to get anything from these reverse-lookup sites, you can always search the number on Google, Bing or any other search engine to find any information that might get you close to the person.
- Use Social Networking Websites: You can search for this unknown person through Facebook or other social media platforms. But you’ll have to hope that this stranger has linked their profile with their phone number for this purpose.
These are some of the easy tricks you can go about when tracing the person disturbing you, without needing help from any authority. Or if there’s something big and you need professional services, you can always look up to PrivateInvestigationsUk to solve your issues. Avail their number tracker UK services and get all the answers to your problems.